The cloud is a technology that can really help businesses. Some of its key benefits include:
- Scalability. The cloud allows you to easily scale your operations. You can start with a single server and automatically provision additional compute and storage capacity as your business grows. It frees up your time, so you can focus on running your business.
- Business Continuity. The cloud allows you to provision resources in another data center in case of a natural disaster or human error. You can replicate your processes into a backup infrastructure and scale it up quickly if a problem occurs.
- Cost Savings. With the cloud, you only pay for what you consume. You are converting a large upfront capital expenditure to a lower, recurring operational expenditure. Moreover, cloud providers offer managed services, where they take care of managing some part of the infrastructure, reducing the number of staff you need.
- Loss Prevention. With the cloud, it is much harder to lose data because hardware failed, a virus encrypted the data, or a laptop was stolen. The cloud allows you to quickly backup and restore your data, and redundancy is built in against hardware failure.
- Security. Cloud providers have internal teams whose sole responsibility is to ensure the security of the cloud. Their infrastructure and processes are monitored to pass strict certification and compliance requirements. Moreover, it is easy to encrypt your data in transit, at work, and at rest, while logging every request. A large canadian institution reached the conclusion that even after spending hundreds of millions per year on security, it still could not keep up with the large cloud providers.
- Mobility. The cloud allows employees and contractors to work from anywhere and collaborate quickly. This provides better work-life balance for employees.
- Competitive Edge. The cloud allows businesses to innovate and experiment more quickly. You can deploy an infrastructure, build and test your solution, and then launch it. This increased agility gives you an edge over the competition.
- Sustainability. The cloud is more environmentally friendly. It results in less waste, less energy consumption, and less carbon footprint
Attrava has the expertise to let you fully use the power of the cloud. Contact us to discuss how we can help you.